Power cuts don’t happen very often but if the electricity network is damaged or develops a fault it’s the UK Power Network’s job to get your power back on. If you live in London, the East or South East of England, then being on the Priority Services Register will ensure you will receive extra support if you experience a power cut. They work with other utility companies to provide extra support to customers in vulnerable circumstances.
Who can sign up?
You can register if you or someone in your household:
- relies on medical equipment
- have refrigerated medicines
- have a serious or chronic illness
- have a disability
- is living with dementia
- are of pensionable age
- have children under five in your household
- have mental health difficulties